Nick Goldware graduated in 1965 from Ramona High School where he was an outstanding football player. He continued to play football at Riverside City College and the University of California, Riverside. After graduation from UCR, Nick joined his father in their Riverside insurance agency.
Nick never gave up his love for sports, specifically football, returning to help as an assistant coach at Notre Dame High School. In 1970, Notre Dame became the first City of Riverside team to win a CIF Football Championship.
Nick continued with their family tradition of ‘giving back to the community.’ Notables include:
– Member of the Board of Trustees for the UCR Foundation
– Member of the UCR Chancellor’s Executive Round table
– Member of the UCR Alumni Association Building Committee
– President, Monday Morning Group
– Executive Board Member and past president, Riverside Chamber of Commerce
– Past President, Economic Development Partnership
– Past President, UCR Athletic Association
– Past President, UCR Alumni Association
– Past President of the United Way
– Founding Member of the RCC “Tiger Backers”
– Riverside Police Department Reserve Police Officer of the Year
– Inducted into the UCR Athletic Hall of Fame
– Inducted into the Ramona High School Athletic Hall of Fame
– Designated as a Fellow from the UCR School of Management
… and a long list of other community and sports awards.
Nick continues to live and work in the Riverside community and remains very active in local community support and athletic programs.